The task of the Nominations Committee is to manage the recruitment processes of Positions of Trust (Collegial, Board and Nominations Committee positions) within LundaEkonomerna.
The committee consists of a Project Leader and five members. The committee interviews all applying and recommended candidates to Collegial and Board positions within LundaEkonomerna aswell as market the positions and keep in contact with candidates and provide them with necessary information.
The applicants for the different posts will all have the opportunity to book an interview with the Nominations Committee. All applicants will be invited to an interview.
Do not hesitate to contact the committee if you have any question or are curious about a particular post within LundaEkonomerna, or about the recruitment process and selection process of LundaEkonomerna!
Why should you apply for a collegial position?
Probably every student at LUSEM is here because they want a great education and experience what the student life truly means. However, there are some things you cannot learn in a classroom. By involving yourself in the union in a collegial position you get to develop your own leadership, learn new things and get to meet a lot of ambitious, awesome people as you go along. This is just a bonus to the amount of fun you will have. It is hard to compromise every reason why you should apply in this compressed space so let’s just say this: take a leap of faith and try something new. Even just meeting us in the Nominations Committee for an interview is a great experience and practice for future interviews.
What, When, How and Why?
Do you want to become the next leader of LundaEkonomerna?
This is how the process works.
• First, the application opens. Information about the position can be found on Lundaekonomerna.se, facebook and posters. The application link is open for 2 weeks.
• If you are interested in a position, fill out the application link and attach a resumé and cover letter in English.
• The Nominations Committee will after this contact you and book an interview.
• You get to meet three members of the Nominations Committee for an approximately 30 minutes long interview where you argue why you should be nominated.
• After all the interviews are done, the committee consult internally and choose a nominee.
Important Note: The whole process is dealt with professional secrecy. If you do not want people to know you applied and did not get nominated they won’t.
• If you are not nominated you still have the chance to oppose the nomination. Remember! Our job is to nominate, not elect! You can still oppose to the General Council if you feel you are a suitable candidate for the position.
• After this, you attend the General Council meeting concerning the position you applied for. You get to hold a 3 minute long presentation of yourself and why the council should elect YOU. After your presentation the council question you for approximately 7 minutes.
• The General Council will then take a decision on whether you are elected or not.
So, TAKE THE CHANCE! We appreciate each applicant and are thankful for your time and effort!
Don't hesitate to contact us!
Vice Project Leader