What, When, How and Why?
Do you want to become the next leader of LundaEkonomerna?
This is how the process works!
Before the General Council
• First, the application opens. Information about the position can be found on Lundaekonomerna.se, Facebook and posters. The application link is open for 2 weeks.
• If you are interested in a position, fill out the application link and attach a resumé and cover letter in English.
• The Nominations Committee will after this contact you and book an interview.
• You get to meet three members of the Nominations Committee for an approximately 30-45 minutes interview where you will be asked about yourself, your experiences and why you want the position you have applied for.
• After all the interviews are done, the committee consult internally and choose a nominee.
Important Note: The whole process is dealt with professional secrecy. If you do not want people to know you applied and did not get nominated they won’t.
At the General Council
• If you are not nominated you still have the chance to oppose the nomination. Remember! Our job is to nominate, not elect! You can still oppose to the General Council if you feel you are a suitable candidate for the position.
• In the General Council (regardless if you are nominated or if you oppose) you get to hold a 3 minute presentation about yourself and why the council should elect YOU. After your presentation the council question you for approximately 7 minutes. All this will be done in English.
• The General Council will then take a decision on whether you are elected or not.
That’s the process! Easy, right?
What happens after?
• If you are elected for the position, you will get all the necessary information by the Internal Relations Manager from the Board shortly after the election. You will be given a legacy report from your predecessor with a lot of helpful information regarding the position, the committee work and what to think of. You will also be a part of the Collegium of LundaEkonomerna, together with the other 41 Project Leaders. This community functions as great source of personal development as well as support for you as a Project Leader. Lastly, every Project Leader has a contact person in the Board. If you need any advice in general or if you need help when recruiting your committee, this person will gladly help you!
The task of the Nominations Committee is to manage the recruitment processes of Positions of Trust (Collegial, Board and Nominations Committee positions) within LundaEkonomerna.
The committee consists of a Project Leader and five members. The committee interviews all applying and recommended candidates to Collegial and Board positions within LundaEkonomerna aswell as market the positions and keep in contact with candidates and provide them with necessary information.
The applicants for the different posts will all have the opportunity to book an interview with the Nominations Committee. All applicants will be invited to an interview.
Do not hesitate to contact the committee if you have any question or are curious about a particular post within LundaEkonomerna, or about the recruitment process and selection process of LundaEkonomerna!
Why should you apply for a collegial position?
Probably every student at LUSEM is here because they want a great education and experience what the student life truly means. However, there are some things you cannot learn in a classroom. By involving yourself in the union in a collegial position you get to develop your own leadership, learn new things and get to meet a lot of ambitious, awesome people as you go along. Having a collegial position means that you will be a part of the Collegium of LundaEkonomerna together with the other ~40 collegials. This is just a bonus to the amount of fun you will have. It is hard to compromise every reason why you should apply in this compressed space so let’s just say this: take a leap of faith and try something new. Even just meeting us in the Nominations Committee for an interview is a great experience and practice for future interviews. Remember! No previous experiences within the union is required for collegial positions! You will have support from both the Collegium of LundaEkonomerna as well as the contact person in the Board every committee has.
A word from our Project Leader
Filip Wallersköld is the Project Leader of the Nominations Committee and together with the other five members he is a part of an important democratic process within LundaEkonomerna - nominating suitable candidates for the union's Positions of Trust. Click below to see if there are any open positions right now!See available positions
Did you have any former experiences before you became a part of The Nominations Committee?
I started my first engagement within LundaEkonomerna in my first semester in Lund, as Corporate Relations Coordinator for the Lund Economics Stockholm Tour! This was one of the most rewarding years of my life, which is why I decided to apply to become a Project Leader within the Union.
What made you apply to this committee, specifically?
I believe the Nominations Committee serves a crucial role in LundaEkonomerna. A solid nomination process is vital to remain the unions trust among our members, sponsors and other associates. I wanted to share my coin in making sure LundaEkonomerna can stay as professional and rewarding as it already is, to support a healthy election culture and to further develop my skills in leadership and marketing. Questions surrounding democracy and fairness has always lied very dear to me, so I felt this was a great opportunity for me to have a positive impact on the union within these areas!
What do you think is important as a member of the Nominations Committee?
Since LundaEkonomerna is representing all the students of LUSEM, it’s important that we are open minded about different types of people and personalities. Experience, personality and leadership can come in a lot of different shapes, so it is essential that we as a committee makes our absolute best in seeing the strengths in each unique individual.
Anything you want to add?
If you’re interested in applying to a Position of Trust – go for it! It’s a great experience and you learn so much! And just as a reminder: Since we are a learning organization, you don’t need earlier experience in LundaEkonomerna before applying to a Position of Trust!
What are you waiting for?
Don't hesitate to contact us!
Project Leader - Collegial
0733-34 04 48
Vice Project Leader
0704-95 05 23
Elsa Miras Olsson
0707-49 47 64
0707-47 57 87
Johanna Sophie Niemeyer
0704-30 67 15
0704-18 29 44